Thursday, March 02, 2006

The big bad wolf

He came on friday night to visit dylan. Poor dylan must of been so scared. I thought something was up when the water in the water bottle was out and had gone into the food bowl and made it all soggy. Unfortunatly I only relized what had happened when my nieghbour brought back the hoover she had borrowed. She said the fox had got all but one of her chickens. Poor chickens. On further looking at Dylans hutch you can see where the fox tried to break in. I have now made a barrowcade just in case but he must be one humgry fox.

I'm not scared say's Dylan I'm growing into a big strong rabbit!

It took me ages to workout that I like pattern and little things in my paintings. When last year I was going through some old books I came accross this little doodle I gave my aunt, I imagine I was around ten but I'm not sure.

Much to my surprise it shows how I liked detail and pattern even then. Its strange how sometimes you need to discover what was there all along.

4 comments:

Ulla said...

Patterns in the past - Yes, just like Dylans strength!!! Make sure that Fox knows what he's up against...

ulla said...

P.S. I love your '10 year old' doodle, It shows you knew even then, you were on the right track. I too find details and patterns compelling.

tlc illustration said...

Oh - give Dylan some hugs! Poor baby!

lorna said...

What a tough guy Dylan is, I'm sure he'd've nipped Mr Fox's nose if it came too close. Wonderful to see your painting from when you were young- it's fab, I love the pattern and composition- what an incredibly developed eye you had (and have). :o)