Thursday, April 13, 2006


Happy Easter

This is one of the very first bunnies I ever came across. I made him with my grandpa in his lovely greenhouse when I was 3 or 4. I was delighted with him and, am looking forward to having a garden where he can run under all the plants with Dylan. In the mean time he is keeping warm in my parents shed.

I nearly have a rough for the next painting its all going to be based around a tea cup. Thinking as I'm going to be by the river I might think about a picnic in a rowing boat. I want to make some rhubarb cup cakes for the weekend tonight. I have some left over stewed rhubarb from a crumble I made last week and a bowl full of that into a sponge mixture is very delicious.

5 comments:

PG said...

Hmm, rhubarb cupcakes - nice - ...recipe???

Dylan is such a handsome fellow, he'd have such adorable children...erm..baby rabbits..whatever they're called. (Leverets?)

Joanna said...

I had the idea for apple cupcakes a while ago. I had always made the marmalade ones. Then I had a desert bowl of left over stewed apples which I did not know what to do with. I thought if I put marmalade into the cupcakes why not apple. So I tried it, it makes a moist quite dense cake more like a muffen. Then I had a bowl of rhuburb and tried, it was delicious. I just use a victoria sponge reciep 6oz flour 6oz butter 6oz sugar and three eggs and mix it all together. I think cupcakes have loads going for them they are small so you can it less or more. you don't have to cut all that baking paper up you don't have to greese the tin and they are easy to take out on picnics.

tlc illustration said...

I have some rhubarb growing in my yard (it was here when we moved here) - but I haven't really cooked with it much. I'm not even sure exactly when you harvest it. Doesn't it get red stems? or is that only after you cook it...?

Ulla said...

Lucky Dylan! and rhubarb cupcakes too, goodness what a delightful weekend you two will have! Hope you have lots of time to Hop....

PG said...

Right, I'm off to make cupcakes now...but not rhubarb alas...haven't seen any in our village shop this year. :(

The only trouble with little cakes is Andy gets the tin and sits with it until it is almost empty except for some sadlooking wrappers and a crumb or two...