Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It was a nice weekend by Chichester Harbour. The sun did come out but I ran out of batteries to take a photo when it did. I managed to take my reference for my painting and sit by the fire in the sailing club. Eventualy I got the picture out of my head and onto the paper. I managed to drag myself away from the fire and go for a walk along the harbour, to see K out sailing. I like it by the mud and the seaweed. I sat watching for awhile untill the tide came in and I got chilly. So quickly went back in search of the fire.

Yesterday we spent at home and went out for a walk in a Hampshire valley that we did not know it existed. Its fun exploring new places.

Dylan got to do some exploring on his lead too. Down the garden to where the wild bunnies are. He enjoyed it and was sniffing the air at all the new smells.

I'm going to atempt to cook gnochi for tea. Its very easy and tastes yummy. Tonight instead of a tomatoe source I'm going to do a garlicy butter one on K's request. Dylan has turned his nose up at the beetroot stems I gave him for tea, oh well.



7 comments:

Tommy-Rocket said...

That's a lovely painting, I'm off in search of some tea and a cup cake now!

Erica x

Nasir said...

that was great sketch...

You are really talented ;-)

tlc illustration said...

The walks sound lovely. Does Dylan always go with you?

I like the sketch very much as well.

Joanna said...

Dylan only went for a walk in the garden at the weekend. Sorry if it sounded confusing. I used to take my old bunnies to a different sailing club and we used to sit on the banks of the river watching the boats. There are alot of dogs at the new sailing club and Dylan does not really like playing with dogs.

PG said...

Oh what a lovely lovely picture...I find your work so comforting. Do you use real still life as props or just do it from your head?

Ulla said...

LOVE this painting, so sweet with the birds...

Carol said...

Hi Joanna,

this is very nice picture again! I love the cup with the blue pattern, the cup cakes and the beautiful blue tits!