Friday, April 21, 2006



More and more I'm finding it really interesting to have real found objects to build a picture around. The willow cup in the photo was a starting point for the bluetits, and the rest followed. The cup is filled with dirty paint water, from painting Miltilda's tights. Miltilda is is the doll sitting next to the cup. Miltilda likes being in her garden best not on my bead table. She loves talking to her plants and watching them grow, when the sun is out she enjoys sitting in her very old deck chair drinking old fashion lemonade and eating sherbet lemons.

I have this week tackled my mount cutter and can now cut my own mounts, which I'm very pleased with. I'm looking forward to taking the little square picture back to the people I gave it too with its nice shiny mount. I have a number of new paintings that are slowly unfolding in my head. They are both based around objects. On is based on an old photo that has survived art folder to art folder for years waiting to be painted. The other I will have to go and find the right object to know how I'm going to lay it out on the paper. I don't think I'm going to get much painting done this weekend as hopefully we are going rock climbing tomorrow and then up to London on Sunday for Lunch but I will be creating my little scenes in my head.

3 comments:

ramona said...

thank you for commenting in my blog. your art is very wonderful. i love the sense for colours you have. i definitely will come back, too.

Sofia Barao said...

thank you so much for your comment.
Love your work, the cats are beautiful :)

PG said...

Rock climbing...!!!!

Speechless...;)

Sherebert lemons are the best. Especially in the garden. Have a nice time in London. (Everyone's going away this weekend!)