Thursday, April 06, 2006


This week has flown by. I got loads done on this painting sitting by a lovely log fire on Saturday while K was sailing. Painting has been a little slow since then, which has not been helped by the fact that I'm not all together sure about the colour of the cat. I'm very bad at making decisions when I paint its the bit that slows me down. If I get all my cards packed tomorrow then I will get a chance to finish it hopefully.

Dylan has been enjoying the sunshine and has been out on his lead somemore but those girl bunnies seem to be getting ever closer to our little patio. If only they could meet and we could have lots of spotty bunnies running round the garden.

7 comments:

tlc illustration said...

I kind of like it as the "ghost-kitty-on-the-chair". :-)

Tommy-Rocket said...

You're painting is really lovely!
Maybe you could add a bit more definition around the cat's face, or give him some lovely spots like Dylan? I love all the colours, it's such a lovely atmospheric scene...I want to be in it!

Tommy-Rocket said...

Duh! I've just realised you haven't finished the cat. Sorry! I have a miiigrraaaaaine today and should be in bed!

Erica x

ULLA said...

It's wondreful! So fun to see it in progress...

PG said...

It's beautiful so far! (I see the cat as either white or ginger...or maybe a light bluey grey...)

Carol said...

Oh your progressing fast! It looks already very good!

Btw Joanna you just have to see this. It's Robert the rabbit, the biggest rabbit ever, I guess. Click on Gardenvoices and scroll down a bit. The post is dated from yesterday 9t of April and then tell me what you think please!

http://voices.gardenweb.com/

lorna said...

it's looking lovely. I agree about a white or ginger kitty. Or even white with grey stripes. I love the decadence of your paintings. :o)