Friday, May 05, 2006


I have been painting, this is not turning into a climbing blog! Yesterday I sent out a mountain of catalogues which took ages to put together but I have done a few bits of painting. I have been doing a few animals partly for practice as I feel the least confident about painting them and I thought they would make nice little cards for a local shop that only sells hand made stuff. I have finished my birds that have been sitting in a envelope half finished. I'm not sure what will become of them but its been fun experimenting. I have a cold and a nasty sore throat and feel rotten today. K brought it back with him after last week his just about over it!

Mr Casanova Cockerel, what can I say he thinks he rules the roost and thinks his something rather special!Miss Hillary, she is so greedy, like lightening the slightest hint of food and she's there, I just can't imagine how she still fits into a size 10!Miss Audrey, the roost would be such a mess if Miss Audrey did not keep it so prim and proper, she loves to use spray starch so her ironing is just so. Miss felicity, She is always cracking a joke and providing the entertainment.

I am desperately trying to find an old photo that I saw only last week. Its for the reference for my next painting and I'm finding it very frustrating that its not where I last saw it.

13 comments:

lettuce said...

thanks for visiting.

I very much like your work. I was at the Country Living show, must have seen you/your stand!

Great chickens.

ULLA said...

Love the birds with their stories! Those painted buttons are so whimsical... Sorry you don't feel well, heres a breathe of California sunshine for you........! And those rabbits! so full of energy!

Roz said...

Have I told you how much I enjoy your lovely work? If not, I really do!

Joanna said...

Lettuce thanks, for visiting my site too! I'm affraid I have not exhibited at the country living show its very pricey, (one day I will). I was fortunate anough to have the cards featured in the emporium last year.

Thankyou Ulla for breath California sunshine.

Tommy-Rocket said...

Joanna, I just lurve those cockerals!

Erica x
(sporting a lovely sunburnt right shoulder!)

tlc illustration said...

Your birds are darling. (I think I want to own their 3-D counterparts. I love little stuffed fabric things, with button adornments). The paintings are the next best thing. They have such fun and distinctive personalities - maybe their own story book in is the making...?

CAS said...

I love them all!

Cathy xxx

Joanna said...

It would be nice to amke a story out of the chickens, I will have to think about it, not very good at stories!

Erica, i hope your shoulder is not too sore.

Carol said...

Mrs Audrey is my fave! I so love birds!

Hope your feeling better soon Joanna!

audrey said...

Stumbled across your blog and love your art. These birds are too cool...love 'em.

Tommy-Rocket said...

Thanks Joanna, it's much better now...I have a bee sting to replace it though! :0(

PG said...

Oh these are delicous, they would surely make a lovely little set of square notecards, just as they are?

Country Living Emporium...respect!

audrey said...

Joanna....of course I don't mind if you link my blog to yours. I will do the same when I log in tonight. And I agree with what you wrote on my blog....Miss Audrey definitely needs to help me get my artroom organized. Have a great day. I still love looking at those cool little birdies.