Monday, May 08, 2006


This weekend I followed K to Beer in Devon. K was sailing in an open meeting there. I still had a cold and felt very rotten but we still decided to get down on Friday night as it saved an early morning. We have become quite practiced at putting the tent up in the dark and this time we made sure it was filled with lots of soft warm things.

I did find my picture for reference eventually just before we left, it was just where I had last seen it, at the bottom of a box of cards waiting to be packed. A combination of feeling unwell and really wanting a bit more reference meant I did not get on with this. So I huddled in my rug and the boat cover on the beach and did some sketching, it made a refreshing change.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Hey good that you've found your picture, but I'm sorry for you that you are still feeling poorly! I'm sending you some warm sun rays to make you feel better!

Joanna said...

Thankyou Carol, the sun is out today and I am feeling a much better.

Marieke said...

Hi Joanna,

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I have been looking at your work also and must say you are a very talented lady! And I think your Dylan is absolutely adorable.

tlc illustration said...

How lovely to get to sketch on the beach - cold and chilly not-withstanding. Glad you are feeling better.