Friday, June 09, 2006


I took some lovely photo's of our picnic we had last Friday in petworth park and then while bobbing about in a rescue boat on chichester harbour managed to delete everything. It was very annoying.
I have had a first attempt of pizza with my Italian OO flour. Next time I need to get the base even thinner but it was a great improvement to pizza with normal strong flour.


The ghost cat is now nolonger a ghost but a real cat desperately trying to get in to her tin of sardines.

Here is a very rough, rough of a few ideas I'm working on, It is reminding me of the weekend on the beach at Beer with all the beach huts and deckchairs. Not sure what will become of it and I'm a little worried I need to paint some not so summery scenes. Its very hard when the sun is shining to paint Christmas cards. I spent much of last August doing that.

Dylan is sulking and not happy at all. Yesterday for the first time ever he made a flying leap for freedom and got out of our patio area. It was lovely to see him bouncing around all the grass. It really would be great to let him run free but I might never see him again and that would be sad. We hopefully will be taking him to visit his rabbit friend Jessie in Suffolk at the weekend and he can have a good run around mums garden.

4 comments:

lettuce said...

yes, I loved that beach hut - wd. like to see your paintings of it!

And I did like your Beer/beach sketching - thats a beach I know quite well too! Its a wonderful walk from there to Budleigh Salterton which has a fantastic pub - can't remember its name, but outstanding food.

Carol said...

Hm that pizza looks so yummy!

I like your new seaside picture too!

And btw I saw exactly the red polka dots dishes you've painted in that "cat without tin opener" pic in a lovely new shop I've just discovered!

Aw poor Dylon!

tlc illustration said...

Poor Dylan! :-)

What a lot of nice work. I like the color usage in your white cat - fun blues, greens, purples... Yum...

PG said...

What a lovely painting,your work has such a nice feel to it, I would like to live in your pictures.