Tuesday, July 18, 2006



I have been a little distracted about finishing the dogs they are really ever so nearly there. K was sailing at the weekend and we camped out on the salt marsh Saturday night. I love salt marsh, its some how really peace full and smells all salty and seaweedy. Unfortunately my camera is not working at the mo, so no piccies. I have though been inspired to paint some more wader pictures. Maybe its the one that woke us up at fine in the morning with its rather screechy dawn chorus.

7 comments:

natural attrill said...

Oh how lovely to see your painting, I want to be by the sea, dont know how we ended up living right in the middle of the country. Penny.

tlc illustration said...

These are better than a camera. :-) I especially love the first one - the design and the contrast of textures make it especially effective.

Tommy-Rocket said...

Beautiful! I can almost smell the seaweed.
Erica x

CAS said...

Stunning work Joanna - it's a blisteringly hot day here - I'm not going outside if I can help it. Your seaside painting looks so fresh and COOL ...

PG said...

Wonderful colours as usual, these are so cool and evocative. Dammit Joanna, you are so productive, I feel ashamed...;)

Joanna said...

I felt the Curlew one in the top one was maybe not placed it quite the right place and i should of added more seaweed and stones in the background.

Pg you should feel ashamed, I wish i was more productive i have so many pictures in my head. Its fine when its all planned and I'm painting but I find the planning stage very slow.

Hope your all keeping cool

Sigrun said...

Your paintings are wonderful. Sea-side - for postcards!

Sigrun