Thursday, August 24, 2006

We are back from Scotland!

I had never been so far north before it was excellent to follow the sun and have longer evenings again. Not so good are the midges and the rain. Mostly we had fairly good weather and I feel fitter for following K up a few steep mountains. Best of all we found a lovely beach on a loch to camp wild on my birthday it was the only night with out midge, which made camping alot more enjoyable. (You can wash, cook, have the tent doors open etc with out being bitten). K cooked me a lovely meal of pasta on his stove and we fell asleep watching the sunset. No pics unfortunately of the beach, we have only taken a few for some reason for the whole trip. Might of been the midge, rain, or that scrambling over mountains wore us out too much!

If you look carefully you can spot me on one of the pinnacles we had to scramble up. (Mum this is the hardest scramble on the mainland!). We followed the ridge to the far left top, before descending down a horridly steep slope for about 1000m.
K remainded me when I loaded the pics on the computer that we climbed up the mountain in the centre of this pic not going to attempt to spell the name!

A handsome pair that seemed to enjoy watching the odd car pass by from the safety of behind there gate.

Captain Rupert had a lovely holiday too, with his new found holiday pals, Mrs Simpson and sergeant Sniffles.

5 comments:

audrey said...

Joanna...wonderful pics. And yes, I can see you amidst the pinnacles :o)

Carol said...

I see u 2! How brave to climb up such mountains! Great pics! Welcome back Joanna and a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad to read that Rupert has had a good time as well!

PG said...

oh yes, there you are! Welcome back...I have to admit to indifference about mountains, but it sounds as if you had fabby time apart from the midgies!

Sigrun said...

Wow! To climb up on the mountains! I like Scotland very much!

Welcome back home!

Sigrun

natural attrill said...

That sounds wonderful, camping out in the wild! Penny.