Tuesday, November 07, 2006




A belated Halloween with my little pumpkin collection. I have been using them to make some warming soup. Now I see this photo on the computer, I imagine they are suddenly going to turn into beautiful gleaming golden coaches or something equally wonderful.Captain Rupert has been tucking into a nice warm slice of toast to warm him up in the mornings. There has been some lovely white misty frosts. His fur has become like the thickest warmest velvet you could ever imagine, I hope it keeps him warm enough.


I got some painting done at the weekend. K went sailing in his boat for the first time since July. I think they are all silly its far too cold. I take all my paints and reference down and sit in front of the lovely open log and paint.

9 comments:

natural attrill said...

The photo of the pumpkins in the chair looks so warm and inviting, almost glowing.
Penny.

fiona bun said...

All of our pumpkins turned into roasted pumpkin soup over the weekend as well.

one of us said...

We like the pumpkin photo too. Captain Rupert looks very fluffy. Does he have a little house to stay in? Or does he have his own burrow? I have a hutch. I can't go outside because I live in the city in a condo. Mom takes me out on the grass in a harness though. I like that ~Rabbie Burns

tlc illustration said...

Give that bunny a hug for me! (Does he like pumpkin?)

Pea said...

I love that chair but Captain Rupert is even lovelier!

Joanna said...

Rabbie Burns - Captain Rupert lives in a hutch on our patio. With extra fox prove catches. There are just too many tempting things for him to chew inside unfortunatly. His patio has not grass so I take him out on his harness too, he very much enjoys it, he would like to go out with his harness but I have told him its not safe for bunnies, with a road nearby and foxes on the prowl.

tlc - I will give him a big hug for you. He was very interested in the pumpkins psuhed the little ones right of the chair, I should of taken a picture. Luckliy for the pumpkins he could not get his teeth around them. He likes to have carrots better I think and toast and my gerainuims

PG said...

Lucky Captain Rupert, how sleek he looks, is he laying down fat for winter? Sweet card too. :)

Carol said...

Capt Rupperts fur looks lovely and thick it will surely warm him!

Oh a gorgeous red robin and beautiful holly that picture looks great!

weirdbunny said...

I just adore this painting of the robin. So christmas, beautiful!