Monday, November 20, 2006

Rabbit has been safely delivered to his new home in Suffolk with my mum.




Mum makes lovely baskets so I took this picture of them, I made the bag ages ago but thought it looked nice with mums baskets.




We looked after Millie at the weekend too K's parents dog. She was very tricky to take a photo of as she keeps moving. Here she is modeling a little chair mum made recently on a rustic gardening course.




I made some storage boxes over the weekend by covering some old box files with material and adding a ribbon. Dad let me have an old anglepoise from his garage as I'm having terrible trouble to do painting in the evenings. I was so pleased too I found some treasure, I had been trying to find for ages. My grandma had given me boxes of broken beads and buttons ages ago. It had some how got buried under all my other boxes while they are being stored. This time I went to see what I could find in the loft and there was the last treasure box, it was such fun.






Millie enjoyed a really long walk by a really pretty Suffolk river (the river Deben). I actually took the camera, but I should of had it on a different setting or we should of finished the walk earlier so the pictures turned out. It was quite dark by the time we finished.










We might of got back sooner from our walk if we had not spent so much time looking for fossilised sharks teeth. I can't beleave we have both sailed on the river for years but have never actually looked for sharks teeth only hearing that its a special place for them. After not long looking I found some.

Millie was not bothered finding footpaths back in the dark, she bounced along very happily, I'm not sure we wore her out.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful baskets your Mum makes ! That chair is wonderful, she's very clever. I see where you get your creativness from !
I do like the atmospheric photo's taken on your evening walk !

one of us said...

The baskets are beautiful as is the chair. I like the boxes too. I have a can of buttons I love to go through when I need an item to dress a project up. Why do buttons delight so? :) Lovely pictures too ~Poi Mom Jane

tlc illustration said...

What a fun post - baskets and buttons and puppies and shark's teeth - all together! :-)

Buttons have long been a passion - just to play with if nothing else.

natural attrill said...

Hello, love your Mum's baskets! Boxes of buttons are lovely to look through arent they, I like putting my hands in and feeling them trickle through my fingers.
Will you show us some sharks teeth then?
Penny.

Primrose Hill said...

Love the baskets! My nana gave me her old box of buttons, I used to love playing with them when I was a child, she kept them in a giant empty chocolate box! I love having a rummage through it now as I always manage to find something to add that little bit of special.

Anonymous said...

I have tins of old buttons from mum and grans too! How strange we all comment on happy memories of playing with old buttons.
Oh happy days.. thanks for reminding me.

I hope your mum and her new bun were pleased to meet each other :o)

Cherry Menlove said...

I am so pleased you commented over at Pixie Wood as it meant that I discovered your blog! I love it. I think the pictures where the light was fading are wonderful and beautiful. Thank you for showing them to us.

Sigrun said...

Joanna, your Mum is very talented! I like the baskets and have a lot of them.

Sigrun

Carol said...

Hi Joanna,
what beautiful baskets and bag and that chair which your mum has made looks really great. I also love your new blue boxes, they look really pretty on the table. Congrats on your great finds. I wonder how sharks teeth are getting in the river though.

Mrs. Sniffles said...

Those are very pretty baskets!!! I would like to eat them they are so pretty! Thanks for your note, Captain Rupert! I'm going to put a link to you on my blog cuz you're so nice!

lettuce said...

lovely baskets. I've always fancied trying basketry (along with pottery... chair restoration ... lots of other things... too busy with weaving!)

and buttons!!!! glad its not just me who has this fetish.