Thursday, December 21, 2006




Captain Rupert has been looking bored in his patio compound. I have stopped letting him in the house as much although I know he really wants to come in. He just can't resist chewing all K's electric cables, I quickly fixed the last one that I discovered when the radio did not turn on.


So I have taken him out into the rest of the garden on his lead. Its too big just to let him run free unfortunately. His looking forward to his new garden which will be fairly big but safe for rabbits to have fun hopping around. Today he just loved all the long frosty grass he bounced along like a Kangaroo and stopped for little tasty bites of grass.
Terry the duck has safely arrived at my parents for her two week holiday. Captain Rupert can't wait to meet her and see rabbit again. They are planning what vegetarian feasts they could have for Christmas. Ducks favourite food seems to be cucumber soup, but I'm not sure her rabbit friends would like that too much.

13 comments:

Fiona Bun said...

That is some pretty nice grass to hop around in Captain! DKM has covered all of our tasty cords with thick aquarium tubing so we can’t get to them… except for that particularly tasty extension cord DKM thought she had hidden behind the wall system that she thought I couldn’t reach!

tlc illustration said...

'Love that bunny! He is so darling (cord chewing notwithstanding).

ellie said...

Lovely ! I hope you all...human, fluffy and feathery have a wonderful Christmas !!XX Eleanor

lettuce said...

mmmmmmmmm, cucumber soup! lovely.

hope you all have a great Christmas.

Sigruns German Garden said...

From Germany I wish you and your familiy a very nice christmas time and a happy new year!

Sigrun

carolyn said...

Our rabbit, Rex, had a harness just like that. Such fun.

weirdbunny said...

JUst look at Terry the Duck!!

Naughty free range bunny has started eating all my grape hyacinth that has started sprouting up !!!!

One of the polytunnels needs bunny proffing too as she's having a feild day in there....

I wonder if Gwenny's angora fluffy would like a harness. She's rather lazy though. She's never tries to make a burrow out yet.

Have a wonderful Christmas, I just love your Blog. All my love - Julia otherwise known as weird bunny x

Carol said...

LOL and so happy to see Capt. Ruppert enjoying himself! Have you ever been to ZuZu's blog and read what a fantastic Christmas meal she is giving to all the creatures living in and outside her Uglybug Cottage?

Merry Christmas dear Joanna to you and your family and Capt. Ruppert of course and happy holidays!

PG said...

Doesn't he look cute in his harness - Happy Christmas Joanna!

weirdbunny said...

Hi Joanna, it's Julia, I've compiled a meme Easter versus Christmas and tagged you if that's okay. It's on my blog dated 27.12.06.

CAS said...

Just love Captain Rupert's harness - he's certainly dressed for the weather!

Primrose Hill said...

Captain Rupert looks absolutely adorable! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas & New Year.
L x

Sandra L. said...

This entry made me laugh aloud on a dreary day! I love your blog! Love the Rayburn as well--I want one but I live in the U.S. and they are outrageously expensive here! Oh well...

Beautiful artwork!