Thursday, March 22, 2007

Since moving I feel have been very bad at blogging, which is surprising as we no longer have a television. Things are getting more and more sorted and slightly better at shoveling coal into the rayburn, or relighting when it has gone out. K still had to wait till 9 for his tea last night as there just was not enough heat. I hate giving in and using the electric cooker it feels like you have failed. I'm sure normal blogging will resume shortly.





I have though updated the website and shop, with all the lovely new cards. There are now 14 square designs they all display there quirky title on the front and I have chosen a very smart blue envelope for them.



Captain Rupert has been enjoying a spot of gardening in between nibbling on things he probably should not, he has discovered a favourite hiding place behind some over grown bushes. Sitting behind the protection of the bushes he can feel safe watch the world go past and he is talking distance to the birds on the nearby bird table. Yesterday he was visited by Mr and Mrs Pheasant who strutted there stuff around the garden and kept Captain Rupert amused. Unfortunately there has been a sad event in the garden. Mr chaffinch was discovered dead next to the summer house window. Captain Rupert has questioned next doors cat but it is thought it was just a sad accident. Poor Mrs chaffinch is of course very upset, Captain Rupert is trying to keep her spirits up.



It is so lovely to have a garden again. At the moment I'm enjoying seeing what plants are springing up. I'm planing a new flower bed with lupins and hollyhocks and lavender, its going to be in the front garden far away from captain Rupert.

19 comments:

carolyn said...

What a lovely post everthing sounds idyllic apart from the chaffinch of course.

DK & The Fluffies said...

Captain Rupert looks like he is having a great time!

mrsnesbitt said...

hello there, I found your blog via your website. A friend bought me one of your lovely cards which I received this morning. I have talked about it on my blog and put a link to your website. I absolutely adore the cards, they are sooooo appropriate for the area I live in. Lovely blog too, I will be back!

Clare said...

Lovely to see Captain Rupert exploring his new surroundings - what a shame about Mr Chaffinch! Your new cards are wonderful - you are so talented! I'm sure you'll soon get to grips with the rayburn!

Libbys Blog said...

I used my electric cooker alot when I first had the rayburn, I did say there is an art to it. If you can do persevere and keep a good stock of firelighters and kindling!!!

natural attrill said...

Your cards are looking great, hope they sell well.
Penny.

Allotment Lady said...

Wonderful blog - I can't get enough of it

Tommy-Rocket said...

Nothing like the sight of a happy bunny in spring!
As regards your query about cabbage whites, I net everything they like all through spring and summer. Some of the little blighters always get through though!

Erica
xxx

Victoria May Plum said...

It's lovely to hear about your new garden, it is so exciting to move house, and discover all those little surprises that are lurking beneath the soil.
We haven't had a garden for over a year now, and we are all itching to get in the garden and plant anything at all really. We are moving in 4 days time, but it feels like a lifetime away!
Do post some more photos of all of the garden discoveries you make.
Your new house is looking great, I love the woodburner, it looks so cosy. I'm a bit scared of having to light our new one, any advice would be greatly welcomed.
Victoria x

One of us said...

Rabbie Burns is very jealous of Cpt Rupert and his yard. I want to get some of your cards. Hopefully this next payday. :0) ~Poi Mom Jane

Mrs. Sniffles said...

I am sorry to hear about Mr Chaffinch but those are furry cute pictures of Captain Rupert. He is furry lucky to get to play outside.

Tracy said...

So lovely to see Captain Rupert happy in his new home x
Binks had a little Spring bath today due to eating lots of new shoots that are appearing in the garden!!
Needless to say certain plants are now out of reach of his little bunny teeth!
Keep going with the Rayburn - we no longer have an alternative to our Aga - i cannot imagine cooking on anything else now.
Tracy x

Carol said...

Oh Joanna how beautiful to see pictures of your new garden and Capt. Ruppert enjoying himself! Love the pink Haycinths and the Helleborus too! Pour little finch though! Your garden plans are sounding fa to me!

ellie said...

Love your new cards Joanna, hope I can soon get some more from you. Lovely to see your new garden "springing" to life. Happy Easter XX Eleanor

PG said...

Captain Rupert looks so content. I'm glad you're enjoying your lovely new garden, the front flower bed sounds lovely.

Primrose Hill said...

Glad to see you have settled well and enjoying the new garden, it's great fun waiting to see what will spring up and planning new areas isn't it?
Will have to go over to the shop to have a look at your new cards!
L x

DK & The Fluffies said...

Hoppy Easter Everyone!

weirdbunny said...

Hi, had lots of emails this morning saying that my blog was for invitation only readers. well it's all sorted out now, and the blog is back to normal agin, ie anyone one ca read. Sorry for the confusion if you tried to access the blog last night. Love Julia x

Hillside Garden said...

Joanna, your cards are so beautiful, I love them all!

Sigrun