Wednesday, August 29, 2007



We have just got back from a week on the Isle of Wight. K was sailing when it was not too windy. I huddled on the beach in lots of rugs catching up on some painting. I like it on the beach when its not sunny but pitching the tent in the rain is not the best. Its worth it once the tent is up as its so lovely and cosy with the sound of the rain on the fabric.
The best night was our last night on the Island when the weather cleared up and we took the tent to camped out wild. We watched a lovely sunset while K cooked me pasta on his petrol stove. Its my favourite meal and always tastes so good sitting by the tent. The moon made the water glitter and I thought of the owl and the pussy cat dancing by the light of the moon.

The first lot of seeds are getting sorted out. So far I have

Aquilegia, in blues, purples and pinks,

Land cress, This tastes a little like watercress. It grows in the winter and can be used in soups and salads.

Purple lupins (but only a few)

Pot Marigold, yellow and orange

Pink Poppies (only a few)

Ever lasting sweet pea, (only a few)

Coming soon, I will have a,

Love in the mist,

Holyhocks, These have been real eye catchers and I have promised seed to lots of people in the village. Double pink.

and I'm sure some other things. I'm so glad you thought sharing my seeds was a good idea. If you would like any please email your address and say what you might be interested in and I will be delighted to share the seeds with you.

18 comments:

natural attrill said...

We went to the IOW last year there are some lovely beaches there.
The seeds are looking beautiful and their packets!
P.

PG said...

What gorgeous seed packets! Alas I have no room for flowers (as you saw...)

tlc illustration said...

I love the colors in the water in your painting. Mmmmmm!

We should chat about seeds.

cd&m said...

What a lovely idea and the seed packets are beautiful.

weirdbunny said...

Oh I'd love some holyhock seeds. I just tried to email you but can't remember my yahoo id so I couldn't.. I'll have to remember it !

lupincottagedesigns said...

What a fantastic idea, your seed packets are fabulous you've obviously put alot of work into them.

sarah

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Ooh I bet you had such a lovely time on the IOW!! And I would love to see your pram painting!!

natural attrill said...

Hi joanna,
Just letting you know that you have won our 200th post draw,
you'll kneed to let us know your postal address.
Toby.

Joy said...

Love your new painting, and I think your seed sharing is a lovely idea, I shall be emailing you for some pot marigold.

Erica-Jane said...

Oooh, I love that painting!
And camping on the beach, how romantic :0)

xxx

Kim McCabe said...

What a lovely painting! Anything with adorable pups always makes me smile :)! I would love some of your seeds if there are any left, I would most like the pink poppies but would be happy with anything really. I LOVE your little seed packets, SO cute!

Clare said...

Hi Joanna

My mum lives on the IOW so we visit often. I love your seed packets - and your sailing illustration - you really are so talented.

Clare x

the flour loft said...

Hi Joanna,
What a lovely idea.. the seed packet design is beautiful too. I have saved a few seeds and given them to family before but not packaged so delightfully. They would make lovely Christmas gifts for friends.
ps Love the iow and had another great holiday there too this year.
Have a lovely day.
Ginny

Nonnie said...

Love the latest picture. It make me think of my Dad when he's sailing! If I had a garden I would love some of the seeds, if only for the gorgeous packets. Maybe next year I'll have one.

Annie's Abode said...

I have just found your blog and just love the seed packets. Your paintings are lovely - I did try to get on to your website but there appears to be some problems but will try again.

The bunnies are gorgeous too.

Ax

MILLY said...

What a lovely idea and the seed packets are beautiful. I was collecting acorns to draw and was thinking about planting some.
Thankyou for your comments, sorry it has taken me so long to reply.
Your holiday sounds bliss, and love the painting . Eileen

Victoria May Plum said...

Thankyou so much for letting me know about your seed giveaway.

I would be thrilled to receive any at all, the packets are great!
I'm going to cram as much as I can into my newly dug cottage border - no colour scheme, just lots and lots of beautiful cottage plants!

I'll email you later...

Love the painting

Victoria x

weirdbunny said...

My email address is:

weird.bunny@virgin.net

Can you email me so I can email you back with my address?

Does that make sense love Julia x