Monday, October 01, 2007

A little bit of colour for a cold morning. I'm not sure what these yellow sunflower like flowers are but there is a huge clump of them in one corner of the garden. They last for ages when cut which is lovely, I'm going to have to work on some colours to display with them, I seem to have alot of yellow flowers in the garden at the moment.



The sweet peas are still going strong, although just getting powdery mildew.

In the bedroom I have picked the few hydrangea flowers we had and am letting them dry, they look lovely as you walk along the landing and see them sitting happily on the chest of drawers.

K has been very helpful in helping make these raised veggie beds. I have slowly been filling them up with soil. It was so exciting to get the first plants in. There is a temporary rabbit proof fence, in time the whole raised bed area will be of limits to rabbits. If you look really carefully in the top right of the picture below you can see captain Rupert sulking at the thought of not being able to eat the tender leaves of spinach. I don't feel to sorry for him because he still has lots of garden to bounce around in.

8 comments:

DK & The Fluffies said...

Those daisies make me smile!

Libbys Blog said...

Sunflowers are a particular favourite of mine! Love the raised beds they look great!!

heddy said...

Hello
Love the flowers. And captain rupert. Does he have a modeling career? Or a fan club? I would like to sign up for the fan club:), if available.
heddy also Roberta Tiggywinkle:)

archi ann said...

poor captain rupert! my mum plants her garden just for me and my bunny sibs riena and luther. at least that's what she tells everyone. some people say it's just that she gave up trying to keep us out because we're too smart for her!

cd&m said...

Raised beds are looking good and all those flowers! You are going to have such a wonderful garden.

mrsnesbitt said...

I have a veg plot, disaster this year due to weeds, due to enthusiastic rotovating by hubby! Should I have raised beds instead?

Dxx

this is my patch said...

Is this the blue plant Captain Rupert eat! You probably know, but incase you didn't, it is a Streptocarpus, I have one indoors but it isn't as pretty as yours.

The Fluffy Tribe said...

oh Mom can't wait to get in raised veggie beds for next year. We haf lots of yellow flowers too right now ~The Fluffy Tribe