Thursday, January 17, 2008

Flown in For Tea

Or in Captain Ruperts case hopped, skipped and jumped in.

In the absence of a camera at the moment I just had to paint the cupcakes I made the other day. So you could see how pretty they looked a lovely vintage glass cake stand, too good to eat, well nearly. I have gone a little cupcake mad at the moment. I think its having a Rayburn that gets up to temperature, you just want to keep popping yummy things out of the oven, just like magic.

We have finally had the Rayburn signed off today I feel very relieved, its been months of arguments with the installer which have left us all feeling very drained. Its emissions and a oil leak have at long last been dealt with, three cheers and hurrah and more cupcakes please. Better not... we have decided there needs to be a little dieting, had by every one.

8 comments:

Rabbits' Guy said...

Good to see you all back! I missed you and The Capt'n and look forward to a pictureof him at his New Year finest!
I better wait to ask for the recipe for those beauties! Still getting over the holiday treats.
People still look at the Carrot Cake recipe from time to time! 28 in all, since I posted a link to it on our site Some have admitted making it! Yummm

Libbys Blog said...

I hope this pic is a card, I really must order some more from you, will pop over soon. Hope you are all well?

archi's mum said...

"In the absence of a camera at the moment I just had to paint the cupcakes I made the other day." - I just have to say WOW - i couldn't even DRAW something let alone paint it in the event i didn't have my camera. you are amazing!

Glad the Rayburn is done and finished and yes, we're doing a bit of post-holiday dieting here too... sigh!

Cowboys & Custard said...

I LOVE this painting Jo.. the colours are so pretty and so it the subject!!
I am sure you have been putting lots of time and effort into some wonderful work.. look forward to more glimpses of it soon.

Love
Michelexx

natural attrill said...

Lovely cupcakes! I really like this painting, especially with the white space around it, lovely.
P.x

weirdbunny said...

Your painting is delightful. I have to say though, we still call them fairy cakes in our house, just like when I was a little girl and we had them at parties !

Lesley said...

You make the prettiest cupcakes! No wonder those blue tits want a bit too! Naughty birds!! Glad to hear your Rayburn woes are over. I'm feeling all inspired now, I think I will have to make some more little cakes before the week's up. :-)

Claudia said...

This is such a nice painting!