Friday, April 04, 2008


Organisation, Tags and an Award



Our house has slowly been getting sorted out over the last year, since we moved in. Its a tiny house and storage space is very important. First we built shelves to house all our books, (well some of). We boarded the attic, and build a huge wardrobe. We put storage boxes under the beds and reorganised the kitchen. It all left on very major problem, my work space. Why it got left to last I can't imagine, Captain Rupert even thought it was so bad he refused to enter it.



I think I have now sorted most the problems with the room, by adding this dresser. The base is old the top K built for me out of mdf. I was a little fussy. I wanted a dresser but I searched for on the right size, I could not find one with big enough shelves to hold things.

This dresser is great, the shelves can hold wine boxes. What brilliant storage wine boxes make I very much recommend them. The cupboard at the bottom houses my printer and scanner and hides all the wires. Which is very good, as if captain Rupert chooses bother himself and visit me in my work space, he won't be tempted to chew any wire.

I have a space for the PC at on end of the desk and I can paint or do other jobs that need to be done at the other end. Its so much better as I can tidy things away, in real places rather than the boxes that were stacking up around me.


And if I look up from my work, and look carefully. I can spot captain Rupert enjoying the sunshine in the garden, what a nice life he has.



Oh his having a wash down by the veg patch, (bottom left).

Captain Rupert and I have been very pleased with how his giant postcard sets look all packaged up with a story on the back. They are now available here.


I have been thinking about some new ideas, Captain Rupert and I have been out and about in the village catching some thoughts, images and ideas. We thought we might hold a boat race next.


Watch out for they boat race, to be held soon, location the village pond, please bring a picnic, it should be a great afternoon, boat races, competitions, cakes, fun, excitement.


We have been tagged twice, first by TwiggyPeasticks

7 facts I have decided to list 5 books on my near and organised shelves

In no particular order, just as I glance over, I can see.

Osbourne Book of plant and animals

Antiques of the garden, I love gardens, and would wish to have interesting finds in mine, antiques are out of my price range, but I like to get inspiration for things to go into may paintings.

Hans Christian Anderson Fairy Tales,

Encyclopedia of Needle craft I have several needle craft books, I would like to think if I studies them I would be better.

Readers Digest things to make and do - I used to spend hours and hours pouring over this book when I was little. The pages with how to make wonderful dolls houses and furniture are my favourite.

Why does my rabbit? A very useful book on understanding your rabbit.

One more.. which one... Turnicliffe Sketch Book of Birds


A while ago I was tagged by 3 blessings aday for 5 facts, I turning that into 5 objects on my shelves so here goes.

An old liberty box, containing my Patten and cutting for the prototype captain Rupert doll.

Pencils, Paint, Brushes and my lovely new paint brush, hand made by Rosemary and co brushes.

New Captain Rupert cards, well they look so pretty, even if I do say so my self.

Art Materials Oil Paints, Watercolours,

And lastly little draws full of vintage buttons, I love hording things like this, I'm sure they will be useful one day

And we have been lucky enough to receive an award (You make my day award), we like getting awards from Louise. I just need to figure out how to post the picture, I think I might put it in the side bar.





Tags and awards I should pass, on but there are so many lovely blogs, I always chicken out choosing.




Thank You.

Have a lovely weekend.

Joanna and captain Rupert

xx











22 comments:

funkymonkey said...

I love your new studio, especially the dresser. Hope Captain Rupert keeps you company whilst you are working there. I'm sure he'll be very well behaved.

DK & The Fluffies said...

I wish I had a garden I could hop about it! ~Fiona Bun

Clover Yard said...

Hi Joanna, oh my that Readers Digest Things to Make and Do book does bring back some memories. My dad had it, still has, and recently I leafed through it and was bolted right back to the early 80's. I was fascinated with the puppets and the dolls houses too. Captain Rupert certainly has a lovely space to run about. Look forward to the boat race.
Carolx

twiggypeasticks said...

Your workspace looks fab and I just love the view of your garden with Captain Rupert bimbling about
Twiggy x

Glenna said...

Oh, it's so nice to see Captain Rupert enjoying the garden. And I so wish we could come to the boat races--Pink, Elvis and I--but we live across the big pond, and it would be a long paddle.

Rabbits' Guy said...

Yup, we are far away too, but surely look forward to seeing the big boating event!!!

Hi Captain .. you have a fine setup!

archi's mum said...

my heaven's you have been busy! i absolutely adore how your workspace came out! lovely job! and your place is so beautiful and spacious for you all and the Captain.

The cards look fantastic, i so cannot wait for my order to arrive. i don't know how i will be able to bear waiting till mother's day to give my friend her gift from it! :-)

LOUISE @ HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS said...

Hi Joanna, love CR's giant postcards, that bunny is so full of ideas, does he get royalties from any sales? No wonder he is hopping with joy, down towards that vegetable patch, I would be too, and soon he will see it full of lovely greenery. Your new workspace looks really great, and somewhere you can really find inspiration, especially with the view of your lovely garden space, and of course CR! I always look forward to your posts Joanna. x

PG said...

Studio looks wonderful, you look like you have so much space!

natural attrill said...

you lucky person with button drawers!! mine are all in jars/trays/tins/the carpet/ my bed!!
Toby.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

I like the dresser with the shelves, that really works, thanks for the idea. I think I see that there is a fence to keep the Captain out of the garden, is he plotting to get in yet?

Elizabeth said...

glad you got an award.
I would give you one too if I knew how to go it!
Your garden looks as if spring is approaching.
We will be in Surrey Fri-am Sun afternoon( on way back to Marrakech) and will think of you and Rupert.
Maybe when I'm over for longer we could have tea.
Or you could come to Maroc?
all best wishes

Jackie M said...

Hi Joanna, the Captain Rupert's party cards are just fabulous, thank you so much, I recommend them to everyone, lovely colours and picture, great quality. Your workspace looks great and how nice to see Captain Rupert pottering in the sun. I wonder what he thought of today's snow? Have a lovely Sunday, love Jackie Mx

shabby chic said...

Hi , your dresser looks lovely a lovely colour and well utilized for all your things you need for your wonderfull creations.
Wine boxes are a great storage idea too. I never seem to see any anywhere though!.
captain Rupert is a very blessed rabbit and very lucky to have a mum like you. x

Sal said...

I love your work space and the dresser..plus your blog is lovely! Sal;-)

Alison said...

Hi Jo,
I have left you something over at my blog:-)
Take care,
Alison x

L.Bo Marie said...

yeah! boat races! submarine sandwiches ... for when our boat flips ;)

Pixiedust said...

Hi thanks for visiting my blog. I love the cards, I saw them on Alisons blog. I will pop back soon. Pixiedust xx

ellie said...

What a lovely post, it is interesting to see your new home develope, it all looks beautiful, and the new card is smashing !

Katherines Dream said...

What a lovely workspace....other peoples work spaces are so interesting. Your garden and allotment looks fab joanna.Captain Ruperts bum looks so fat, he must be lovely to snuggle upto! I love the colour of his coat - very smart.
Cx

Jess said...

What a lovely colour that dresser is! Your studio looks so neat and organised. I love to see inside other people's houses - just call me nosey! You've given me the idea of taking a few pics of my own little space now :)

Suzie Sews said...

I adore your cards...would you concider a cheque, I live in the UK?