Wednesday, July 02, 2008

video

Just sorting through the photos of all we have been up too, its been soo very busy with one thing or another.

I thought in such a long absence I would try taking some video of Captain Rupert. He has just returned from a wonderful holiday with Great Aunt Velvet and his illegitimate daughter, who rather confusingly has turned out to be his son, he is growing into a fine handsome rabbit indeed, much like his father. I will try and get some pictures next time we visit.

It was a very much deserved holiday, first he was not well with an upset stomach. I think because he had been confined to concrete barracks while the fence was down. I felt sorry for him and gave him lots of extra dry rabbit food. He got better quickly thanks to a visit to the vets. Then the next week Captain Rupert woke me up at 3 in the morning. Making such a commotion, thumping his feet. I looked out of the window and there was a rather handsome but wily Mr fox. Poor captain Rupert was so worried. Not surprising really I said to K it would be like us having a huge T REX windows. I brought Captain Rupert into the kitchen for half an hour until he felt a little better and then tucked him up.

The next night I could not sleep a wink for worry that Mr Fox would return, I tossed and turned and then had to check out of the window to see if Mr Fox would return. I am hoping Captain Ruperts holiday will throw Mr Fox of the scent.

I have no idea if this video will work, fingers crossed, the file seems rather big and is taking a long time to load. Captain Rupert is checking out the new fence around our new driveway. Its made his garden a little smaller and his not too sure if he approves.

Back to a full service soon!!!

13 comments:

LOUISE said...

Jo, I am really thrilled to see you and CR back! The video has really made my day, I have had a few chuckles I can tell you. It looks like CR is planning his next great escape, or was he just investigating where that bark came from? Lovely to hear he enjoyed his summer break although I hope he is feeling better now and can settle down at night, without fear of that wily Mr fox returning. I hope you are OK too Jo and hope for not such a big gap between this and your next post, although I appreciate you are very busy. x

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Why does one never tire of seeing rabbits hopping? Nice to have the two of you back and blogging.

Sal said...

Lovely to have you back!;-)

Rabbits' Guy said...

Well done ... the Captain is soooo soft and looks to be fine and happy .. if a rabbit can be so non-disapproving!

By now Captn Rupert is on the 7-bunny-7 with many friends!

(see www.7bunny7.blogspot.com)

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Edward and I are truly smitten with the Captain! The video made us even more so. We visit often to see what he is up to. He is such a handsome rabbit and you are most fortunate to share your life with him! Greetings and best wishes!

FrecklesandDeb said...

Captain Rupert looks like he's really enjoying a relaxing day in the yard (those little white flowers are soooo yummy!) Glad he protected you from that fox!

funkymonkey said...

Nice to see you back. It was great to see Captain Rupert enjoying himself in the video.

Jess said...

Hiya! I often check your blog to see if you're there and got a lovely surprise today! Could I ask for a linky pleasey? I'm going to watch your video now!Jess x

June said...

How lovely to find new posts from you and Captain Rupert again.

Do take care that the Mr Fox doesn't return in the daytime. We had one try to take our hens one afternoon, but luckily we were there to rescue them. The hens and our bunny now have a fox proof 12foot x 6 foot run to play in when we are not around, just for our peace of mind.

mum of critters said...

sounds like a wonderful and much needed respite! sorry mr fox was scaring captain rupert and glad you could protect him so well. silly fox

Katherines Dream said...

So pleased that you are back...I have checked in often! everything can be a hetic and trying to blog as well....
It was nice to CR bopping around...he looks so soft and cuddly.
Take care both.
Carol xx

Rachael Rabbit said...

I'm so glad to hear more from Captain Rupert - nasty bad Mr. Fox!! Looking forward to more news from the Captain soon! Your garden looks beautiful ... we have had nothing but rain, heat and humidity. The weeds love it - it is quite out of control!

The Fluffy Tribe said...

oh be careful Cpt Rupert, the foxes here chased off our bunny family that lived in the yard. ~Rabbie Burns