Friday, February 27, 2009

Two posts in one day! The sun is out..... Captain Rupert is full of the joys of spring, talking excitedly to the blackbirds, singing with the robins and planning cunning invasions of the veggie patch with the pesky pigeons......


He did let slip exactly what he got up to in the snow of a few weeks back.


He sneaked out of the garden to join all his feathered and furred friends for an ice skating extravaganza on the village pond of all things.


The ducks did look on in great disapproving amusement, they had never seen such a commotion, and all they wanted was a little bit of water to have a paddle in, not frozen sleepy stuff.


But its in a rabbits nature to make the most of such exciting events as a frozen pond and snow and how the young rabbits and their friends enjoyed themselves.











Great Aunt velvet stayed by the warmth of the stove and although her bones did suffer awfully in the cold weather she baked fresh supplies of cakes and soups to keep the young rabbits warm. The squirrels enjoyed the day too and brought a supply of their finest chestnuts to roast to keep paws warm..... very useful if you had happened to spend slightly too much time sitting on the ice...........................................................

We have been flat out decorating and trying to get the bathroom finished for when the bump arrives, its due on the 13th of march. I had taken some pictures of the progress but can't up load them at the moment as we have a sickly laptop. Its looking good though and we no longer have house pipes to fill the bath up.......we have taps!

We have been very lucky and received a lovely award and must say thank you to Amanda.


The authors of this award say that blogs who receive this award are exceedingly charming. This blog invests in proximity in space, time and relationships. These kind bloggers aim to find and be new friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandisement. Our hope is that when ribbons of these awards are cut, even more friendships will be propagated. Please give your kind attention to these writers."



I would like to give it too all the lovely bloggers who have been leaving Captain Rupert and I wonderful comments or who follow and pass by and take an interest in our wonky words and pictures....thank you to all of you........

I would like to say thank you to My tiny little Plot for the post on what to plant on the shady side of the garden. Our veg patch is unfortunately a little shady which has its advantages with less watering but it left me thinking what do people plant in walled gardens on the shady side. I have ordered my seeds for the year and plan to start planting in the next week or two.

Have a lovely weekend, we are tiling the shower and painting skirting board and putting up more plaster board and Captain Rupert will be over seeing checking he approves but I think he liked the building site when it was a little more messy!

10 comments:

Jessie Lilac said...

I can't believe your due date has come around so quickly. I expect you might not feel the same though! Your 'nest building' sounds exciting, I hope we get change to have a little peep at all the hard work.
I love to see inside your sketchbook and that painting of the little dogs is almost edible!x

funkymonkey said...

I love your illustrations, especially the cosy indoorsy ones! Good luck with the baby. My son was born on the 10th March. It was a good time of year to have a baby with nights not so chilly and being able to take the pram out on sunny days for a walk.

Tracey

Buskitten said...

Hi Joanna! Great to have found you - I LOVE your work, especially the sketchbook, it's really beautiful. Congratulations, you are going to be a mum! How exciting, is the baby due soon?
I really am looking forward to following your blog!
Bestest Wishes from Scotland,
Liz

Rabbits' Guy said...

Good luck with the pending bump removal! That skating party picture is a dandy.

Hi Captain R.

Rachael Rabbit said...

Hi Joanna - I hope you are feeling good - scary how our due dates are just around the corner!! I love your drawing - poor duckies being over run with naughty ice skating bunnies! Hope you get most of the decorating completed before the bump makes an exit. Good luck with it all. I'll be thinking of you. I'm going to have a little break from blogging while we prepare for the arrival of/ and then recover from ... hope to speak soon and share a photo or two. Rachael x

louise said...

Your tales of CR's exploits are lovely Jo, you are very talented. Wishing you all the best with the arrival of baby. x

Libby said...

Oooo, not long now!! Hope you are all well!!!

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Joanna - I just thought I'd catch up with your blog, after quite a long break, and see that everything is supposed to happen tomorrow. Hope all goes well for you and I'll keep popping back now to check for news!

Love Sue xx

Jessie Lilac said...

Hi Joanna,
'Tis today isn't it? The Day when life may change forever? Good luck and I hope you don't have to wait too long! Best wishes, Jess x

Amanda said...

Sorry I'm a tad late in commenting - have been without internet since the move but we're back online now! How are you doing? Love the sketches even more so than the end products in fact because it shows the ideas just coming out :o)

We're setting up a beg plot in our garden this weekend - I can't wait, my dad always grew veg and now I am excited to follow his footsteps with his advice of course!