Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring has sprung and Captain Rupert is making the most of it. Inspecting around the daffodils.


Luckily for me he rather does not like the taste but prefers juicy bits of grass and cabbages. Mmmm he talked too much to those pesky pigeons and has made the first, two ever raids of the veg patch......I think I have fixed the pigeon problem and his raiding.






We made our deadline of a working bathroom for the 13th!!!! (No news there yet). What a relief. It seemed like the dust and dirt went on for ever but it was ten weeks from the first internal wall being knocked down.


We have even had our first dinner in the conservatory with a little heating through from the living rooms wood burner and a dust sheet on the door opening because we have not decided on them yet. Theres still lots to do but we feel we might get there one day.




(View down the stairs what ever would I have done without Hetty all the dust and dirt. Living with a concrete floor was very dirty it made the space seem complete if a little bare once new caprets went down)


(View up the stairs into the bathroom...and my piece of wood work a shelf above the bathroom door....Before the stairs came twisting round in front of the new bathroom door and the front door was the bottom left of the stairs to bit of the white door frame in the front right of photo...thats hard to imagine let alone follow)(Shower instead of the old back door)(This was the door way into the bathroom, K built in the sink and some cleaver lotions and potions shelves, we will revisit the doors to the cupboard underneath)(The wall is no more between the toilet and the bathroom making such a difference in the space, I have always been after a roll top bath and was so worried it would not work in a small space but I think it does as you can see all the extra floor underneath)

17 comments:

Carol said...

Omg...you have been so busy, I have been looking back over the last couple of months. It all so so wonderful and bright.
Just wondered how you were!
Take care.
Carol xx

Amanda said...

Oh it all looks so beautiful and I am seriously pleased you have managed to complete so much before the big day arrives :o)

Good old Captain Rupert up to mischief!! I hope the pigeons haven't given him any more ideas!

FrecklesandDeb said...

It all looks beautiful!

Rabbits' Guy said...

MY GOODNESS!

Hi Captain. Several people have looked at the carrot cake recipe and I know some have made it recently.

Now, sit down, put your feet up, and rest!

Jessie Lilac said...

That bath is so lovely! I want one!
Your 'nest' is looking ready for your little one to arrive now isn't it? Best wishes once again, and I hope the next post will be after The Event!...but not too long :)x

funkymonkey said...

Your house is looking wonderful. I might pinch some ideas for my bathroom refurb that's in the offing. Trouble is it's so tiny you can't really alter a lot. I'm looking forward to hearing good news from you soon.

Tracey

ellie said...

It's lovely to see your home develope ! It's looking beautiful, all the best, Ellie

Country Girl said...

Bathroom looks beautiful. I love the mirror. I hope Capt Rupert leaves you with some veggies! Time to put your feet up I think!!

Luciana Onofre said...

Su casa es muy hermosa!

Libby said...

That is amazing, conservatory, new bathroom and everything, I knew I should have married a man who could do stuff with his hands!! Unfortunately I fell in love with a man who hates DIY!!! Oh well can't win them all!!!

thefluffies said...

Love the photo of Capt Rupert in the garden :)

Carla said...

Dear Joanna, I think you must be trilled that your bathroom is ready and looks so lovely. Now spring is in the air sitting and eating in your conservatory must be nice. Your nest is ready for the next stap in life....

Reese said...

Nice one Rupert... I think most bunnies feel so free when they are out of their rabbit hutches. They love the outdoor for sure but make sure not to leave them unattended because danger is everywhere especially for their kind. Anyway, Rupert is a very cute rabbit.

Top MBA colleges in Pune said...

Great

Precision components said...

thanks for sharing

Peizo ceramics said...

hello

Micronized Zirconium Sillicate said...

Thanks for sharing